Each night, we health conscious ones are eating our last meal or snack of the day about three hours before we go to bed. During that three-hour fast, we may have a glass or two of water or water with lemon. Then, we take our Calotren® and go to sleep. While our bedtime routine is extremely important, research shows drinking our water with lemon is equally important to do first thing in the morning. When we first get up, we should drink warm purified water with ½ a fresh squeezed lemon before we eat, drink, workout, or begin any of our day’s activities.
Lemons have strong antibacterial, antiviral, and immune-boosting powers. They are beneficial to weight loss because lemon juice is a digestive aid and works to cleanse the liver. Some of the most notable vitamins and minerals found in lemons are citric acid, calcium, magnesium, vitamin C, bioflavonoids, pectin, and limonene, which build immunity and help fight illness.
Here are a just a few of the health benefits associated with drinking warm lemon water in the morning…
- Weight Loss- Pectin fiber in lemons helps fight hunger cravings.
- Immunity- Vitamin C in lemons is excellent at fighting colds. Lemons’ potassium stimulates brain and nerve function and helps control blood pressure. Lemons also have anti-inflammatory properties that can help with a host of illnesses and health concerns.
- Digestive Health- Lemons help flush unwanted toxins from the body, and they can help relieve symptoms from indigestion. The American Cancer Society recommends giving warm lemon water to cancer patients suffering with constipation.
- Clear Skin- Lemons can decrease the appearance of wrinkles and blemishes. Vitamin C is essential for a healthy glow, while the alkaline properties can fight some of the bacteria that cause acne.
- Energy- Lemons actually give you more energy when they enter your digestive tract than most other foods because of their unique molecular makeup.
Try adding warm lemon water to your morning routine. Hopefully, you will notice many of these awesome health benefits and more.
What supplements are right for your individual health needs?
Take our Free Vitamin & Supplement Advisor now and SAVE $20 on your first order.