3 Ways To Combat Weight Gain

September 15, 2016


Maybe you got on the scale and were shocked at the number. Maybe you just noticed that your clothes are getting a little tight.  Maybe you have known for a while that you have been gaining weight, but you just don’t know why. (For possible explanations, see our Top 3 Reasons You Have Gained Weight.)  Whatever got you to this point, here are our top 3 ways to combat your weight gain:

  1. Take a collagen protein supplement. After the age of 30, you need it. It will help rebuild the lean muscle and will also help decrease joint pain, too.

  2. 90-10. Shoot for 90% of your diet coming from whole foods and the other 10% can be processed. If you are like most Americans, you probably have this backwards right now.  Yes, it takes time to cook, but this is time well spent and you can use a weekend to get your meals ready for the week.  Just check out Pinterest or google “easy weekly meal prep”. There are lots of freezer/crockpot/mason jar meals out there that are delicious. It will save you time, money, and your health in the long run.

  3. Take a deep breath. Start slow on this one but you need to combat stress without causing more stress.  Sign up for a yoga class, get a monthly massage, drink a glass of wine, read a book, workout, or take a walk.  Focus on you time and whatever helps you unwind.  You NEED to take care of you before you can take care of everyone else. 

So the most difficult part of this is scheduling the changes for #2 and #3, BUT once you decide to do it, you will never look back - except to say, wow, look how much weight I’ve lost and how much better I feel. You will be so much happier (and  healthier) you did.



Elizabeth Miller

Written by Elizabeth Miller

Elizabeth says, "Keep your gratitude higher than your expectations, and you will have no bad days."

Lists by Topic

see all

Posts by Topic

see all

Recent Posts